Greenhouse Farming is Famous in Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Polyhouses, also known as greenhouses. Greenhouse farming caught the fancy of farmers in Bijnor district. A polyhouse is a plastic greenhouse covering a patch of land where crops are grown.
Green House Technology
Use of green house technology for commercial production of a number of high-value horticulture crops is growing rapidly.
1. East and south sun is excellent for the green house, which can remain open on both these sides, but it should be shaded on the north and west to protect from winds.
2. Water requirements of crops very limited and easy to control
3. Disease free and genetically superior transplants can be produced continuously.
Types of green houses:
1. Tunnel Type (cold climate green house)
2. Quonset (semicircular/ subtropical green house)
3. Gabble type (slopping roof)
4. Tropical region green house
5. Ridges and furrows green house
6. Ground to ground green house
1. The site should be free from shadow.
2. pH of irrigation water should be in the range of 5.5 to 7.0 and EC between 0.1 to 0.3 mS/cm.
3. pH of soil should be in the range of 5.5 to 6.5 and EC between 0.5 to 0.7 mS/cm.
The size of poly house needs to be selected based on availability of the land.
The ideal height of naturally ventilated small green house (up to 250 sqm) should be in the range of 3.5 m to 4.5 m and 5.5 m to 6.5 m in case of large size poly-houses.
For More Detail Visit: http://nhb.gov.in