An Advanced Short Course to Improve Livestock Productivity
Livestock plays an important role in the rural economy and in supplementing the income of livestock owners. The feed constitutes the major production costs for livestock production. The shortage of feed and fodders as well as diversion of agricultural by-products towards industry, which primarily were used as animal feed, make the livestock production more challengeable. Modern approaches offer incredible opportunities to make livestock sector more profitable by getting better output in term of milk and meat. To maintain profitability in the absence of effective bio-nutritional tools, livestock producers could alternatively use practical and cost effective strategies that combine nutritional and management solutions. Therefore, the course has been designed to acquaint the researchers, teachers and extension workers of National Agricultural Research System with advance developments in modulation of rumen fermentation to improve livestock productivity.
The course will cover lectures delivered by the scientists of the institute and invited experts from other organizations. A practical raining in latest techniques will be imparted to the participants. The short course will be aimed mainly at improved and sustainable livestock production.
The broad areas of the course will be as follows:
- Rumen microbial ecology of gastro intestinal tract of livestock
- Rumen manipulation to improve livestock productivity
- Rumen manipulation to reduce environmental pollution
- Hands on training on important techniques used in animal nutrition and rumen
The course will be held at the Centre of Advanced Faculty Training in Animal Nutrition, ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar.
Course duration: 21 days from February 01 - 21, 2017
- Master’s Degree in Animal Nutrition or allied subjects
- Working not below the rank of Assistant Professor and equivalent in theconcerned subject under Agricultural University /ICAR institutes/allied organization
Desirous participants not below the rank of Assistant Professor and equivalent in the concerned subject under Agricultural University /ICAR institutes need to apply online using the CBP portal of ICAR as per the following steps:
1. Log on to http://iasri.res.in/cbp or under the link Capacity Building Program at http://icar.org.in.
2. Fill up the online application following the onscreen guidelines.
3. Take a printout of the filled-in application and get it approved by the competent authority of your organization.
4. Upload the scanned copy of approved application at the CBP portal