Agriculture News : Government has Taken Steps for Promotion of Micro Irrigation
The Micro Irrigation technologies (both Drip and Sprinkler) are quite popular amongst the farmers
and adoption rate is also high.
The National Mission on Micro Irrigation programme in the country was subsumed under National
Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) and implemented as “On farm Water Management”
(OFWM) during 2014-15. The same programme is now being implemented as “Per Drop More Crop”
component under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchyee Yojana (PMKSY) from 2015-16 onwards.
Government has taken following steps for promotion of micro irrigation include:
1. Training and awareness programmes.
2. Awareness through print media and radio & TV talks.
3. Organization of workshops, seminars and interactive meetings.
4. Publicity creation through Exhibitions, Fairs and Kisan Melas.
5. Publication of literature.
6. Short duration films.