Rs.10 Lakh for each mandi for setting up Waste Management Plants
Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh informed that as per the directions of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, the Swachhta Pakhwada was observed this year from 16th to 31st October, 2016 in all the three Departments under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, namely Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Department of Animal Husbandry Dairying & Fisheries and Department of Agricultural Research & Education.
Going out from the confines of the office premises Swachhta drive was carried out in Agricultural Mandis, Fish Markets & villages near each Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs). During the Pakhwada focus was laid to put certain measures that are dynamic and to be continued beyond Pakhwada period.
Some of the activities carried out are,
- In 271 Agricultural Mandis, cleaning drives were undertaken. Further, under e-Nam scheme, for each mandi for setting up waste management plant Swachhta Action Plan has been prepared in which it was decided to make provision of Rs.10 lakh.
- Hon’ble Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister was involved in cleanliness & plantation drive at DAC&FW (Hq.) in Krishi Bhavan on 26.10.2016 and at Agricultural Mandi in Chandigardh on 18.10.2016. Compost Machines are being installed in the Mandis in coordination with States.
- The National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Fishery Survey of India (FSI), Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training, (CIFNET), National Institute of Fisheries Post-Harvest Technology and Training (NIFPHATT), Central Institute of Coastal Engineering for Fishery (CICEF), in coordination with State/UTs conducted the following major activities during the Swachhta Pakhwada are as, Cleaning of 50 wholesale & retail Fish markets in 15 states was done and awareness camps including Padayatra (procession) on hygienic Fish handling, maintaining cleanliness in fish markets, cleanliness in processing, cleanliness in marketing etc. and distribution of Pamphlets.
- Department of Agricultural Research & Education/ Indian Council of Agricultural Research, celebrated Swachhta Pakhwada during Oct 16-31, 2016. The ICAR Head Quarters in New Delhi, all the 102 Research Institutes and 648 KVKs took active part in the Pakhwada activities and conducted a wide range of activities which included, cleaning of campuses, residential areas, villages and localities in their vicinity in addition to conducting Seminars, awareness camps, rallies, street plays and expert talks.
- Through KVKs and institutes promotion of Swachhta activities was done in 3040 villages with the active participation of farmers and village youth. Efforts were made to promote clean farming technologies and package of practices and make best use of farm waste.