Sufficient Availability of Fertilizers in the Country
Government taken some steps to ensure availability of fertilizers: -
1. Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), after consultation with all the State Governments,
before the commencement of each cropping season, assesses the requirement of fertilizers. After assessment of requirement,
DAC&FW projects month-wise requirement of fertilizers.
2. Department of Fertilizers allocates sufficient/ adequate quantities of fertilizers to States by issuing monthly supply plan
on the basis of month-wise & state-wise projection given by DAC&FW and continuously monitors the availability through system.
This system includes,
-By an on-line web based monitoring system called integrated Fertilizer Monitoring System (iFMS), the movement of all
major subsidized fertilizers is being monitored throughout the country;
- For streamlining the supplies through timely placement of indents for railway rakes through their state institutional
agencies like Markfed etc, the State Governments are regularly advised to coordinate with manufacturers and importers
- Corrective actions are taken to dispatch fertilizer as indicated by the State Governments by regular Weekly Video Conference
is conducted jointly by Department of Agriculture & Cooperation and Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Department of Fertilizers (DoF),
and Ministry of Railways with State Agriculture Officials.
- Through imports the gap between demand (requirement) and production is met. To ensure timely availability, the import for
the season is also finalised well in advance.
Due to these efforts Department of Fertilizers has ensured availability of fertilizers in all States. Now distribution within
the State as per requirement is the responsibility of the concerned State Government.