Agriculture Jobs as Plant Operation Manager at Terramera
|Job Title||:||Plant Operation Manager|
|Job Location||:||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
Please Contact Employer Directly.
|Department||:|| India Operations (CommOps)|
- Degree in Manufacturing/Operations Management. Post-graduate degree strongly preferred
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in key leadership/management role at any agriculture/food/Oil seeds manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to analyse data and trends.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of TQM, Process optimisation, Safety standards, Materials requirement planning, Inventory level management
The Plant Operations Manager is responsible for general management of all phases of plant operations including: inventory levels, processing, production, manpower planning and product warehousing & storage. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. In addition, the position is responsible for annual & rolling budgets/planning and execution in conjunction with the Country Head. The position works closely with Procurement, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Supply Chain and other teams as necessary.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the Plant
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that staffing and competency levels are achieved/exceeded in all aspects of the manufacturing process
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality and improve production efficiency
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets, including relevant departments accountable to the achievement of budgets
- Analyze and manage workforce requirements
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all employees
- Encourage and promote operations in a continuous improvement environment
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiency and enhance productivity
- Work in collaboration with Marketing and Application Department to develop and bring to market new products
- Mentor with the Procurement Manager to develop and improve supplier relationships for all Plant inputs
- Work in collaboration with the Commercial/Execution Team to execute the projects as per client requirement and scheduled dispatch plan to meet weekly/monthly sales targets.
- Ensuring plant site safety and security systems
- Maintain QMS as per ISO 9001:2015, GM shall be plant MR.
- To identify training needs of workforce to enhance quality of product
- Work closely with the Safety People to ensure all members of responsibility of this role are aware of safety requirements, both legislative and Terramera's policies/procedures, to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online at
Please Contact Employer Directly.
For More Details Visit:
Dear Candidates : This jobs related information is only for the purpose of providing information and for career advancement of agricultural graduates. We are job details yourself. We do not offer any guarantee on correctness of any details mentioned here. If a Candidates pays any amount to anyone claiming to represent any company then it would be responsibility of that candidate and he cannot hold us or the concerned employer responsible for such fraudulent activities. Thanks for your visit to our site and cooperation. Team- IndiaAgroNet.com