Agriculture Events: National Symposium on ARTAE 2017
Date: 16 - 17 February 2017
Pre-Registration form Submission: 16.01.2017
Abstract & Poster (e-copy) submission: 23.01.2017 (Extended up to 06.02.2017)
Notification of acceptance: 30.01.2017
Registration Form with Fee: 10.02.2017
Venue: The National Symposium ARTAE will be held at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Use of ionizing radiation in the area of agriculture, food technology and environment has led to several important benefits such as,
i) New varietal development in many crops
ii) Better nutrient and water management
iii) Food preservation
iv) Managing environmental contamination and so on.
In line with global trend, in India also, significant developmental work is being done in all these areas and their benefits have already reached many sectors. However, to be fully benefited by these developments pioneering works that is being done in all laboratories need to be shared among the scientific community.
In this regard, organizing a national symposium on “Applications of Radioisotopes and Tracer Techniques in Agriculture and Environment”. This symposium will help in discussion amongst the experts, displaying the current developments in the field and disseminate the same to the wider public.
A national symposium is planned focusing on the following broad themes,
1. Industrial By products, Pollutants and Environmental Safety.
2. Isotopes in Hydrology for Water Resource Management.
3. Radioisotopes in Plant Physiology and Plant Imaging.
4. Food Preservation by Irradiation Technology.
5. Radioisotopes and Radiation Technology in Plant Protection.
6. Nutrient Cycling in Soil-Plant-Atmosphere Continuum.
7. Nuclear Applications for Crop Improvement.
8. Radioisotopes for Plant Metabolic Pathways.
9. Radioisotopes in Environmental Studies.
10. Radioactive and other Tracer Studies for Nutrient Use Efficiency.
Advertisement facility in souvenir also available.
An exhibition is also being organized at the venue which provides an opportunity to exhibit products services offered by various manufactures/industries at the tariff below
Size: 6’ x 4’: 20,000 /-
Size: 10’ x 5’: 40,000 /-
How to reach:
Coimbatore is well connected by Air, Rail, and Road with all the major cities of India. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is located 13 km from Coimbatore Airport, 5 km from railway station. Taxi/Bus services are available frequently from these places to TNAU.
For more details about symposium, please visit: https://sites.google.com/site/nationalsymposiumonartae/